Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chapter Ten

Sorry it took a little bit for me to get this up.  Yes, it was only a day in-between, but I had been doing so well with getting a chapter out each day.  However, I hit a little wall with this chapter. I knew where I wanted it to go, but it wasn't taking the right path... with that being said, I think we got it now! Of course that doesn't mean that the chapter everyday pace is going to keep happening... like I said before, Medic class takes priority, so your patience is always appreciated!! :o)

A little shout-out to JD89... she just got caught up with the story, and I wanted to say thanks for the comments along the way!!




...why yes, Mr. Ovechkin, you can pick me up anyday looking like that!!



Ch. 10

“I’m fairly sure the Batmobile only holds two people!” Faith cried while frantically throwing things out of her closet.  We were in overdrive mode.  Opera was not the place I was going to get away with wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt at.  This was high class and highly expensive.

“Well, then just follow us or something,” I called from the bathroom, quickly throwing on some make-up.  Thank goodness the last-minute college parties got me into the practice of getting ready quickly.  Usually I would have had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to wear, but I knew exactly what had to be worn from the instant he texted back the club name.  I had bought the dress almost a year ago for one of the girls nights we had planned and wore it that night only.  I had gotten a lot of head-turns that night.  I’m fairly sure that fact right there was more than enough reason to wear the dress.  It was a glorified t-shirt dress, made of a silky dark teal material.  The sleeves hung loosely from my arms and the dress clung just enough to show that I might be a size 10, but I was a toned sized 10.  It flattered my body perfect and with a pair of black, shiny, low healed sling-backs, I was ready for a night out on the town.  I quickly straightened my hair and added some product to make look as silky smooth as my dress.  When I walked out of the bathroom, Becky whistled.

“I was hoping that is what you would wear!”

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders like I couldn’t take a compliment.

She looked perfect in a curve hugging champagne and dark brown laced spaghetti strapped number; brown colors always went well with her red hair.  However, stick-skinny Faith was all about calling attention to herself with her clubbing dresses and tonight she didn’t disappoint in a bright yellow number and 4 inch heals.  Suddenly I didn’t feel as confident as I did when I just looked at myself in the mirror.

Maybe it would be a good thing if Alex would just fall for one of my roommates.  No pressure that way…

Before I could fret anymore, the doorbell rang.

“Shit!  I was hoping to just meet him outside or something!” I hissed, attempting to walk quickly through the living room in my heels.

I opened the door just a little and found Alex leaning against the door frame with one hand and the other hand in his pocket, flashing me a missing tooth grin.  Once again, he was in black suit pants, but this time was wearing a light blue dress shirt and a leather coat.  Definitely has no self-imagine problem.

“Hi, I’ll be out in like 5 minutes… I need to find my little purse…”

Before I could close the door and have a moment of hyperventilation, Faith ripped the door from my hand and pulled it wide open, inviting Alex inside to wait.  It was probably the polite thing to do, but I was more than a little nervous at the moment.

With the door wide open, Alex had full site of me and of Faith.  I was feeling at a huge disadvantage while standing between two beautiful people.  I bit my lip and stepped back so that Alex could come inside.  He walked in, bowed slightly to Faith and kissed her hand as she introduced herself to him.  Surprisingly she acted like a normal human despite Alex putting on his prince charming act.  She smiled at him and then winked at me before walking back upstairs to grab her own purse and round up Becky, leaving me and Alex in the living room, alone.

“I have to grab my purse from my room,” I said shyly, not even daring to look at him.

Before I could take a step, his hand gently grabbed my wrist.  “Lana,” he spoke quietly.

I turned back and looked at him, actually looking into his eyes for the first time since he had arrived.  “Yeah?”

“You look amazing,” he said taking a step towards me, immediately intoxicating me with his cologne.

Shit.  I felt myself shiver.  If I couldn’t keep it together while we were still at the house, how the hell was I going to keep it together dancing with him at the club?!  I refused to just allow him to have his way so easy with me.  This crush of mine was not making things any easier.  “Thanks!” I said brightly, trying to act like I wasn’t shaking in my boots, or heels for that matter.

I attempted to take another step away from him, but he was attached to my wrist and somehow ended up following me down the steps to my bedroom.  This was quickly turning into a disaster.

“Do you rent the house?” he asked easily, obviously having none of the nervous issues I was suddenly having.

“Um, well, I own the house.  Faith and Becky chip in money for rent that goes towards the mortgage…”

“It’s nice to live with friends.  You don’t have to be alone,” he commented, almost sounding like he wished he had the same set-up.

“Oh believe me, there are days that I would love to be alone in this house,” I laughed, hitting the landing and throwing a silent thank you to my mom forcing me to make my bed every morning and keep my room clean.  It was one less thing to be nervous about with Alex being in my room.  “They are my best friends, but sometimes everyone needs their breaks,” I turned and smiled to him.  His eyes locked with mine and an impromptu silence fell between us.  I bit my lip and then took a deep breath.  His hand was still wrapped around my wrist and it was either his touch or the remnants of my burns from yesterday making my whole arm feel really warm.  Since I had just put aloe on my burns, I was thinking it had more to do with Alex’s hand on my skin.  “Um, I have to admit, I’m a little intimidated by the fact that you have followed me downstairs to my bedroom.  With that being said, I don’t mind that you are here, but I would like to search my closet without you standing there getting a look at all my underwear and stuff,” I smiled.

Alex looked at me and laughed loudly.  “I knew I make you nervous!”

I frowned and finally pulled from his grip.  “Of course you would bring that back up!” I cried while walking into my walk-in closet, which was just another perk of having the basement bedroom.

“But you are okay with me seeing your stuffed hippo lying on your pillow?”

“You make fun of my hippo; I’m not going out clubbing with you,” I warned.

When I came back out of my closet, Alex was lying on my bed, arms stretched behind his head with the hippo lying on his chest, smiling playfully.  I was mortified and breathless all at once by the sight on my bed.  “Your bed is comfy and hippo makes a nice companion,” he winked at me.  All I could do was groan and roll my eyes.

“Let’s go, Romeo, before I change my mind and realize that this is probably the worst idea ever,” I grumbled while tripping up the steps.



 Lana looked smoking hot when Faith opened the door to let me in.  I could tell her nerves were once again getting the best of her, but I didn’t let that deter me from getting her to loosen up.  On the way over to her place I realized that tonight was going to be somewhat of a test for the both of us.  If there was anything actually going on between us, I was sure it was going to become evident tonight.

She obviously wasn’t going to be an easy pick-up like the last several girls I had been with, but I was always one for a challenge.

I about lost it when she made the comment about not seeing her underwear.  I had already seen it last Friday when she was in my kitchen, but of course she didn’t know this.  She also didn’t know that I was picturing what underwear, if any, she had on under that dress over hers tonight.

When we arrived at Opera, the place was already filled to the gills with people.  Immediately we headed back towards the VIP section and met up with the rest of the team, including Sasha, who had yet to meet my latest conquest.

“You must be, Lana,” Alex immediately came over and introduced himself, which was rare, considering how shy he is around strangers.  Then again, Lana’s smile can give anyone that feeling you’ve known her forever.

She looked at me and then over at Alex and smiled curiously at him.  “Are you the other Alex on the team?” she asked.

“I am, but everyone call me Sasha,” he said before pulling over his girlfriend, Heather, whom he had met here in DC.  Everyone had been shocked that the two of them had hit it off so easy.  Especially for the simple fact he wasn’t always the most comfortable here in the United States and even less comfortable with the language, despite getting better at speaking it every year.  “My girlfriend, Heather,” he introduced his blonde beauty.

Heather smiled sweetly at Lana and the two shook hands.  “Nice to meet, ya’ll,” Lana said, making me smile because the accent seemed to get me every time.

A few minutes later we were doing a celebratory shot of vodka for winning our 7th game, keeping us the only undefeated team in the league.

Lana put up her hands and began shaking her head, “I don’t need to do a shot,” she announced anxiously.

“Yes you do!  You are good luck!” Mikee cried, shoving the overfilled glass in front of her face.

“How am I good luck?”

“Your food…at the party,” he said, dodging her attempt at pushing him away from her.

“Really?!  You believe in superstitious stuff like that?” she asked, putting a hand on her hip and looking around at the group of us that were waiting patiently to do our shot.

“Yes!” Mike, along with several other guys piped up in unison.

Lana just shook her head and laughed.  “Ya’ll are pathetic!” she cried, taking the shot from his hand.  She was about to bring it up and sniff it, but I immediately stopped her.

“Sniffing it is not going to make it go down any better; just take it…”

She scrunched her nose and looked back and forth between me and the shot.  “I don’t like Vodka.”

“You don’t know what’s good for you,” I winked before holding up my own shot and saluting everyone with it.

Out of the corner of my eye I watched Lana take the shot and sling it back.  Her face was priceless and the coughing that proceeded afterward was even funnier.

“That’s terrible!” she complained breathlessly.

“What shots do you like?” I asked, taking her glass from her and setting it on the table behind us.

She put her hand on her hip and looked at me like I should have known that answer already.  I just raised my eyebrows at her and motioned for her to speak.

“Southern girls drink Southern Comfort,” she said plainly.

“Then we do a shot of Southern Comfort!” I yelled.  A whoop went up from some of the guys that were still standing around and soon we were all doing a shot of Lana’s favorite.  It was my turn to make a face.

“That stuff takes like cough syrup!” I told her, mindlessly wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her towards me.  She left out a squeak in mid-laughter.

“I’m done shots.  You make me do a few more of those and I won’t be able to walk up the three steps into my house tonight,” she laughed.

“Fine, then we go dance!”





I lied.  My biggest fear of drinking more shots had nothing to do with walking.  Sure, I would probably need to take off my shoes to ensure my safety if I had too much to drink, but that was the least of my worries when it came to Alex being near me.

Alarm bells were going off in my head when I realized that this was shaping into more of a date than anything.  Sure, we were there with the group, but it was completely different from last Saturday when I was mingling with all the guys.  Tonight I was there with Alex.  He was the one who asked me here, he was the one whose car I arrived in.  I was his date tonight.  When he pulled me against him, I stopped breathing as memories of our dance together last week suddenly filtered back into present memory.  As we began dancing tonight, I was instantly lost in the feel of him.  The heat that radiated off of him made me think about how warm he would be if I was lying in bed with him.  The feel of his body under the material of his clothing, made me think about what it would feel like if I could touch him without the clothing on.

Where have these crazy thoughts come from?! I don’t ever remember thinking this with any other guy I had just met, especially a guy I barely knew.  Maybe it was the recklessness about him that piqued my interest or just the way he carried himself.  So sure of himself, not seeming to care what anyone thought, as long as he was happy and the people around him were happy.

“You look lost in your head,” Alex whispered into my ear, causing me to realize that I had spaced out.

I looked up at him and allowed a half smile to cross my face.  “Sorry, it’s hard not to get caught up in the beat…” I said.  The way the lights reflected off of his blue eyes threatened to put me in another trance.

He leaned back down, but this time his lips came dangerously close to mine.  I sucked in a breath and held it.  At the last second he leaned moved to my ear and whispered again.  “We move well together.”  There was no middle line in flirting with Alex.  Maybe it was the fact he was translating everything from Russian to English in his head, or maybe he was just that honest.  Either way, there was no way I could mix signals.  Alex just told me straight up he wanted me in his bed.  There is no way in hell you are ready for this!  Stay calm.

I let out my breath with a hiss and tried to push him away, but when I tried, he pulled me even closer against him and soon we were kissing on the dance floor.  His strong hands were splayed across my lower back and up at my neck to make sure I didn’t move, but he wouldn’t have to worry.  I wasn’t going to pull away, my body wasn’t going to let me.





The feel of her body against mine turned me on with every movement.  The thin material of her dress tricked me into believing I was actually touching her skin.  Never mind that she was grinding on me like there was no tomorrow and that a few pieces of her hair were stuck to the part of her neck that I wanted to bite.  There was no option but to kiss her.  How the hell did it get to this point?!  Up until last week, you were lusting over her co-worker and now here you are trying to figure out the fastest way out of here to get her in your bed.

A faint taste of the Vodka and Southern Comfort was still on her lips.  My hand position wasn’t going to let her pull away, but instead of resisting, she melted into me, easily progressing the kiss by running her tongue lightly over my lips.  When she opened her mouth to me, I was greeted by a sweet coolness and a softness that was Lana.  The kiss wasn’t demanding, but the emotion that was playing out was something that sent shivers through me.  This was not anything I was used to.

This all happened in the span of a few seconds because as soon as the kiss began, it ended when one of my friends, Ab, punched me in the shoulder.  “Hey buddy, great win tonight!” he called out loudly.  “Looks like you’re on your way to scoring a few more points tonight,” he elbowed me and chirped brashly.  Any other time this would have been okay.  But tonight wasn’t any other time.

Lana looked up at me with eyes that told me she was appalled and quickly pulled back and out of my arms.  She was holding her hand to her lips and practically ran to the back towards the bathrooms.  I went to follow her but Ab grabbed my arm and began pulling me in the opposite direction, saying he had some guy he wanted me to talk to about the Batmobile.  I tried telling him that I would talk to the guy later, but the guy was already pushing his hand in front of my face and trying to shake my hand.


2 comments:

  1. way to ruin a perfectly good moment huh? Can't wait to see how he fixes that one. please update again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, seriously Ab ruined such a great moment! I hope it can still work out for Ovie and Lana! -Hoping Lana can get past this little bump into what seemed to be a good going night thus far-

    As always I can't wait for what is to come next!! This was a great update and it's always worth the wait. :)

    ***And thanks for the little shout-out, that was very sweet of you!***

    ReplyDelete