Friday, November 4, 2011

Chapter Eleven

As of right now I will not have a chapter to post tomorrow for the simple fact that I will not have time to finish it. Just so ya'll are aware. :o)  A couple people have questioned what I mean by the "Batmoblie."  Well, instead of posting a picture of Ovie this chapter, I am posting a picture of the car. I have to say... something about this car even gets me hot and bothered. Enjoy!!






Ch. 11

“Lana!” Faith and Becky called out loudly in the large, busy bathroom.  “Lana, if you don’t tell us where you are, we’re going to start kicking open every door until we find you!” Becky squawked.  I could have sworn I heard more than a few, “If you do, I’m kicking your ass,” remarks echoing in some stalls next to me.  Before Becky could follow through with her threat and get pummeled, I opened up the lock on my bathroom stall and walked out.

“What the hell happened?!” Becky cried before Faith could effectively cover her mouth to remind her of the fact that we were in a public place and that the issue was dealing with a famous hockey player.  Along with those facts came a good chance of ears close by who would love to get their hands on information that might be considered juicy.

“Maybe we should walk outside,” Faith commented, giving Becky the death glare.  She then took my hand and drug me out of the bathroom, grabbing a few paper towels along the way and handing them to me.  We hit the exit door and found ourselves in the smokers’ area.  Luckily the area was big, so we could hide in our own littler corner and chat.  Once away from any prying ears, Faith turned to me with a worried look and asked the same question Becky had, but in a calmer tone.  “Are you okay?”

I nodded my head and then shook it for the simple fact of feeling very pathetic at the moment.  “We were kissing and then a friend of his interrupted us and made a comment about Alex being on his way to scoring a few more points as he gave me that look.”

“What look?”

“The look that made me suddenly realize I was getting involved in something I never wanted to be involved in,” I said quietly.  Becky and Faith just stood there watching me intently, willing me to continue.  “Alex is a player…” I began.

“Yeah, pretty sure we talked about that fact last weekend…” Becky snorted, causing me to smile a little.  She always knew how to lighten up a situation.

“I know.  Which is exactly why I’m mad at myself.  I fell for every charm out there on that dance floor.  It makes me no better than Dawn or any other girl that has found herself in his bed.  He’s only going to do the same to me…”

“So you think he’s playing you?”

“Yeah.”

“But has he done anything to make you think that?” Faith inquired, seriously.

I looked at her like she was asking the stupidest question in the world.  “Well, I’m here with him, aren’t I?  I was just kissing him…”

“That doesn’t mean he was playing you,” Faith pointed out.  “Lana, I know you’re scared, and rightfully so because he is Alexander Ovechkin,” she said, emphasizing his name like he was a god or something.  “However, talking with Mike, he was fairly sure Alex was genuinely crushing on you.”

“Crushing on me?!  I’m fairly sure he proposed for us to go back to his house and do the horizontal mombo, Faith!” I flipped.

“Okay…so the boys move fast…”

I shook my head and scoffed.  “He’s a playboy,” I announced grimly.

“Yes, he might be, but I really think it’s different for him with you.  Look, Lana, I understand you’ve been out of the dating world for awhile now.  I also understand that getting involved with a famous person, like Alex, would be like going from tapping your foot into small puddle to diving head first into the Atlantic Ocean.  But the way he looks at you and just a few things he has done for and with you so far, tells me he is taking this a little more serious just getting you into his bed for one night.  Now, I’m not denying that Alex is a playboy or flirt, but I have a feeling that when he is interested in something or someone, he takes it seriously,” Faith explained patiently.

“So you think I’m over-reacting?” I asked quietly.

Her and Becky looked at each other and then back at me before each raising their right hands and pinching their thumb and index fingers together to show the “little bit” sign.

“You understand why I’m a little more than freaked out right now, right?”

“Most definitely,” they both said in unison.  They were now officially freaking me out with their twin-like tendencies.

“I mean, seriously, any girl would kill to be kissing an NHL star…” Becky swooned.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.  “I don’t give a crap about him being an NHL star,” I sighed.  “Honestly, he could be a pig farmer and it wouldn’t change my worries,” I admitted.

Both girls lost it at this point and laughed hysterically.  “Only you would use a pig farmer as an example!” one of them laughed.

They were right.  Only me.  The southern girl.  Only me.  The person standing out back of a posh club, freaking out because I had just been kissed by some rich Russian guy who was supposedly god’s gift to a hockey.  Only me.





“Did you see Lana?” I frantically asked Brooks.  “She ran off when Ab bumped into us kissing…”

“You hurt her, I’m killing you.  Your only chance to survive would hope she poisons my pastry before I get to you,” he growled.  Something told me he was being very serious.

“I did not hurt her, or at least I don’t think so,” I said, not feeling so sure of my words.

“I saw the three girls sneaking out into the smokers’ area,” Carly piped up.  “I was dancing with Faith when Lana went running by, so I was waiting for the girls to come out of the bathroom, but it was obvious they went outside to talk about something.”

“Thanks,” I punched Carly in the shoulder before heading back to the area he spoke of.  I was pushing through the door when Faith opened it, causing me to almost fall into Lana.  “Lana,” I breathed.

She put her hands out to brace me from falling into her.  The look on her face and the other two girls, told me that I was probably the main topic of their conversation.  “Alex,” she said quietly before nodding over at Faith and Becky to tell them to go back inside.

I took her hand and led her over to an open area where we could have some privacy.  She leaned against the brick of the building and crossed her arms in front of her, immediately looking down at the ground and biting her lip.  “Lana, I’m sorry.”  Without looking at me, she just nodded once.  “Ab is my best friend here in the States.  He can seem a little rude…” I paused, trying to figure out what to say.

Before I could think of anything, Lana looked up at me and asked, “Can you take me home now?  My second wind has seemed to leave and I’m tired.”

I looked at her for a moment and nodded.  “Sure.”  However, neither of us moved.

“Alex…”  “Lana…” we both spoke at the same time.

“Go ahead,” I chuckled, feeling really nervous.

“I don’t want to be Dawn…” she blurted out.  “I mean, I’m not standing here saying that to kiss me we need to be in a full-on relationship, but I am warning you that I will not be sleeping with you tonight.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at her honesty.  In fact, I was fairly sure it was this honesty that I appreciated.  “You think I dance with you to get you in my bed?” I asked, unable to stop myself from cupping her cheek with my hand.

She bit her lip and didn’t dare look at me in the eyes as she nodded her head.

“Little Lana, I may not be an angel, but I can behave on occasion.  Of course it doesn’t help when you dance up on me like that and wear a dress like this,” I paused to finger the light material of her sleeve.  “But I am sure you are not like Dawn nor the rest of the women I have been with recently…”

At this, she stopped me from speaking with just her finger over my lips.  “I don’t really want to her about your list of women right now.  Especially not when I’m still questioning myself on if this is even the road I should be going down…”

I couldn’t help but smile and laugh at this.  I took her finger away from my lips and replaced it with her lips.  She resisted for a moment but once I pulled her closer to me, her arms slowly reached up and wrapped around my neck, allowing me to feel the whole length of her body against mine.





8am and I was wide awake.  Really?!  Why can’t I just sleep in for once?!

Alex dropped me off after we had gone back inside and mingled for a bit before leaving.  The kiss outside had left me a hot mess and I found myself mentally battling on if I should let him have his way with me anyway.  The “good little southern girl” in me got the better of the argument and now I was waking up in my own bed, alone, with a million thoughts floating around in my brain.

I showered and as soon as I padded back out into my bedroom, my phone beeped to alert me of a text message.

Alex: Good Morning Little Lana

I dropped my head back and groaned.  Little Lana was not my idea of a cute pet name.  Yes, I was shorter than him, but when he said it last night, it almost sounded like he was calling me Little Lama due to his accent.

Me: Morning, Alex.

I sat on the edge of my bed waiting for him to text back when my phone actually rang, causing me to jump in surprise.  Add in the nerves and my phone almost went flying across the room.

“Hi Alex,” I answered, unable to hide my smile.

“Lana.  You eat breakfast yet?”

“Nope.”

“Come over to my house and I’ll make you some.”

You are going to make me breakfast?  The man who doesn’t know where he can find cookie trays in his own kitchen is going to make me breakfast?” I chirped mercilessly.

“Breakfast is the one thing I can make…it’s no rocket science to make Blini.”

“Blini?”

“Come over and you will know what Blini is,” he persisted.

“Fine, when?”

“Now.”

“Well give me a few, because I just got out of the shower…”

“You could have showered over here.”

“Of course I could have,” I rolled my eyes.  “I’ll see ya in a lil.”

4 comments:

  1. I love Lana and Alex together, this story just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving this story! It sounds as though Ovie is going to win her over with a home cooked breakfast. (Although in my mind Blini doesn't sound all that good, but hey, that's probably just me.)
    And I have to agree with xTazerMeKanerx that this story does keep on getting better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interaction between Lana and Ovie.
    Great update :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. please update again soon. Can't wait to see what happens next with these two.

    ReplyDelete